With a population of around 1.3 million people, you would expect San Antonio to have a few good coin shops and places to buy bullion. Well, the good news for gold and silver fans is that the seventh most populous city in the US does indeed have its fair share of coin dealers.
To help you choose the best ones from the growing list of options available, we have selected out top three so you can get down to business, whether it be selling or buying, with as little hassle as possible.
Medlars Jewelry specializes in custom made jewelry and restoration but they are also active gold and silver traders with a good retail selection of both types of precious metals. In fact, Medlars are the only San Antonio dealer that has been referred by the US mint. This gives them a seal of approval and level of trustworthiness that can make buyers of all budgets feel comfortable.
The bid and ask prices on their website are kept up to date, but for the latest information we recommend giving them a call or paying the store a visit, to speak to one of their team of highly knowledgeable and friendly staff members. For extra peace of mind, Medlars offer a full 30 day refund guarantee on all items purchased, apart from custom made jewelry, should you change your mind on a purchase.
- To view the latest prices and get more information visit http://www.medlarsjewelry.com/
- To meet the staff face-to-face visit the store at 7115 Blanco Road, Suite 101, San Antonio, TX 78216
- For telephone enquiries dial 210-342-5191
Alamo Heights Coin Shop
Being in business, in the same location since 1977, has helped establish the Alamo Heights Coin Shop as one of the go to locations for buying and selling coins and other forms of bullion in the city.
The store is a great place to go if you want to browse some interesting items such as numismatic coins, stamps and other forms of collectibles, as well as gold and silver bullion. If you have any items you might be interested in selling, they will offer a free, no pressure to sell, verbal appraisal. Written appraisals are also offered should you require such a service.
- For more information about the shop check the website at http://alamoheightscoins.com/
- To pay the store a visit head on down to 2013 Austin Highway, San Antonio, TX 78218
- To speak to the staff at Alamo Heights dial 210-826-6082
Lone Star Coins
Don’t let the website put you off! Lone Star Coins are a professional outfit that has been serving the city of San Antonio for over 40 years now, and the team as just as dedicated as they were when they first started.
The staff at Lone Star Coins speak Spanish to help cater to the Spanish community in the city, and they deal in a number of different items. As well as buying and selling coins to and from the general public, they also deal in other collectible items such as jewelry and other artifacts.
- For the full history of Lone Star Coins visit http://www.lonestarcoins.com/
- The store can be found at Galleria Oaks Center, 15909 US 281 North #123, San Antonio, Texas 78232
- For any specific queries call 210-735-7131