Chicago, the third most populous city in the US, is a great place to find shops and dealers trading in gold and silver bullion as well as coins with a numismatic value. While there are plenty of options to choose from, picking the right shop can sometimes be a tricky prospect.
When making purchases of this nature it is always a good idea to go with a dealer who has a good reputation and is well-regarded in the industry. To help steer you in the right direction, we have selected our top three favorite coin shops in Chicago city.
Kedzie Koins has been around since 1969 and is a family-owned and operated coin shop. They usually have a good selection of coins and other forms of bullion, as well as other types of currency and watches. Kedzie Koins are very active on the coin show circuit giving you another opportunity to do business with them, besides visiting their store in Chicago.
In 2013, their coin show schedule sees them representing in the state as well as at the Long Beach Show in California, an event not to be missed! This family-run store has been making silver collectors welcome for many decades and long may it continue.
- For the full details on this Chicago coin dealer visit the website at http://www.kedziekoins.net/
- To speak to someone at Kedzie Koins call 773-436-0777
- Drop in a the store on 5909 South Kedzie Avenue, Chicago Illinois, 60629
Archie’s first opened its doors in Chicago in 1955 and the business has grown from strength to strength since then. They are a large scale operation that has a strong online presence as well as a busy store.
In addition to being well known as a great source of silver, Archie’s also sells collectable US paper money, estate jewelry and diamonds to name but a few. They also buy a wide range of items so if you have anything of value to pass on; chances are they will be interested.
- To find out more about Archie’s coin shop of Chicago, visit http://www.sellyourgoldchicago.com/
- Visit the store to see what is on offer at 5516 W. Devon Ave, Chicago, IL
- Give the friendly team at Archie’s a call on 773-774-1433
Harlan J. Berk
Located in downtown Chicago, Harlan J. Berk has been in the silver and precious metals trade for many years now. They are active at many of the big trade shows that take place around the country, giving you a great opportunity to sample their wares without coming into the store.
They have an extensive team of experienced experts on hand to answer any questions you might have. Harlan J. Berk also offers an appraisal service and can provide representation at auction when required. They are also active on eBay, with many gold and silver listings posted on the popular auction site.
- For more information on the services provided and their current inventory visit http://www.harlanjberk.com/
- To meet with the expert staff of Harlan J. Berk make a visit to the store at 31 N. Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60602
- Call the store to discuss any issues you might have on 312-609-0016
Chicago Sales Tax Status
Unfortunately for shoppers in Chicago, the city has the second highest sales tax in the US, coming in at 9.5%. However, gold and silver bullion purchases are exempt from this sales tax at all amounts, so you are safe to shop here without taxation.